Pola Hanau (Birth Bowl) 808-966-8108 firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are the steps necessary to acquire a Pola Hanau Bowl.
1. Nono'i (A Request)
- A request of Uncle Malu for a Pola Hanau. (Birth Bowl)
2. Ho'olokahi (An Understanding)
- Uncle Malu explains the historical significance of the bowl's creation.
3. Pono (An Agreement)
- Uncle Malu will verify your understanding of the spiritual and cultural aspect of the bowl.
4. Hana (The Preparation)
- Uncle Malu will perform the work necessary to prepare your bowl.
5. Ho'omaopopo (The Reminder)
- Uncle Malu will require your notification of the child's birth to complete the tradition within 24 hours of birth.
6. Hanau (The Celebration)
- Your new born miracle arrives and your bowl is born and blessed. Uncle Malu presents you with your Pola Hanau.
7. Ki'i Puke (The Photo Album)
- Uncle Malu asks that you provide a picture of your child that will be entered into the photo album along with the picture of the Pola Hanau. You will receive a copy of the photo album.